Baby Bratton is coming! Hard to believe, but he will be here
this week. It all started last summer, when Rob and I finally decided to start
a family. I thought it would take
several months to get pregnant, but {surprise}
first time’s a charm!
I think I took 15 tests before I finally got a positive. The
first 14 I kept thinking “is that a plus sign? It’s kind of faint, but it could be a plus?” So, I
eventually just bought one that read “Pregnant” or “Not Pregnant” Bingo! Rob
and I were freaking out! I was leaving to go on a cruise to Alaska with my
family the next week, so I wanted to be sure.
![]() |
| Baby's First Photo |
We went to the doctor once I got back in the country, and
saw our little peanut for the first time! It was such a strange feeling to know
that there was a human growing inside me! The first trimester went great. I was
blessed with no morning sickness at all. In fact, the only thing I experienced
was this strange raw chicken/meat aversion. It lasted till the second trimester
and then one day, I was like “OK, I can eat chicken again!” Weird…
![]() |
| 1 Month |
![]() |
| 2 Months |
![]() |
| 3 Months |
The second trimester was also pretty uneventful. We anxiously awaited our 20-week appointment, so we could find out the
baby’s sex. I {of course} was dying for a girl, and Rob wanted a boy. I don’t
know why I was so fixated on having a girl. I guess all my life when I pictured
myself with a baby, it was always a baby girl. So, it was quite an adjustment
when I found out baby Bratton was going to be a BOY! I made the doctor double
check :). Rob and I still hadn’t picked a name at this point. We pulled up his family tree and went all the way back to the 1800s! I pretty much gave him a list and told him to pick one {I wasn’t really attached to any one name}. He was so indecisive!
Around 32 weeks, we did a 3D/4D ultrasound. It was amazing! He was moving so much, but I couldn’t even feel it. I really didn’t even start feeling the baby move a lot until fairly late in the pregnancy. We made a trip to Memphis for my friend Edgin’s wedding, and I had a baby shower with many of my childhood friends.
Third trimester {and 50 lbs later}, and I am still feeling pretty good. I feel like I'm so big, and people keep asking me “are you having twins?” Ha ha! I haven't had much swelling, but I developed carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, which apparently is pretty common in pregnancy. Both my hands are completely numb! Since I'm still in my fellowship, I have to work all the way up until my due date. I'm so ready for maternity leave!
Third trimester {and 50 lbs later}, and I am still feeling pretty good. I feel like I'm so big, and people keep asking me “are you having twins?” Ha ha! I haven't had much swelling, but I developed carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, which apparently is pretty common in pregnancy. Both my hands are completely numb! Since I'm still in my fellowship, I have to work all the way up until my due date. I'm so ready for maternity leave!
Well, here I am in the last week with a million thoughts
running through my head. Wondering how my life will change, what kind of mom
will I be, will my baby be healthy, etc. Most of all, I’m just ready for him to
be here!














No comments:
Post a Comment