Saturday, January 8, 2011

Goodbye, Chicago!

Yeesh, It's been almost a year since I last blogged. I'm awful! Ha ha! Anyways, lost of changes since my last post. Rob and I have moved to Dallas, TX for years 2-4 of my residency. We left behind our tiny Chicago apartment and all our Chicago friends we made. It was a great year; in fact, maybe one of the best years of my life. It was Rob and my first year of marriage, and we were living in an AMAZING city! The day we left was so hard. We packed up our apartment (including Doodles) and loaded up the moving van. Then, we got pizza at our favorite place in our neighborhood (Ian's Pizza), and sat on the floor of our empty apartment reminiscing about the year. As we walked out the door for the last time, I just started bawling crying! I was just overwhelmed with having to leave a city that I had fallen in love with...I didn't think it would be so hard to leave! Here are a few pictures from our year in Chicago - some of our favorite places and visits from friends. I highly recommend to anyone who wants a change, move to a big city! Be adventurous...life is too short!
Cubs Game with Rob

Taste of Chicago!

Fourth of July in Pritzer Pavilion downtown

View from the Hancock Building

The Bean

Buckingham Fountain

Me and Jenny right after The Oprah Show outside Harper Studios

TY Girls - Liz, Me, Franki, and Kapila - Love them!

Me and Rob on the "Obama Bike Tour" :)
Cubs Game with Jenny and Bill
Me and Jenny on the Sears Tower
Beautiful downtown Chicago
St. Patty's Day with Melissa, Beth, and Kris - check out that green Chicago River!
Snowy night in Chicago
The night the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup! Riots in Wrigley!

No comments:

Post a Comment